Introduction to Hiring and Managing New Hires for Start-ups Pt. 1
November 28, 2019 @ 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
The goal of this workshop is to give participants practical information about hiring, onboarding, and managing people, with a specific view to the challenges that start-up organizations face. It is light on theory and is instead focused on providing “go dos”, checklists, and other helpful tactical resources.
The workshop is being delivered in two, 2.5-hour parts. Both sessions have been structured with the intention of being highly interactive, offering participants a chance to try out techniques, network with peers, and share tips and best practices with one another.
Session 1: Finding and Onboarding Talent
How do you find the right talent for your team? Once the search for talent has been successful and you have hired someone, how do you ensure you successfully integrate them into your company’s unique culture? Topics covered in this session include:
- Start-up hiring challenges
- Key steps in the talent hiring process
- Understanding the importance of your company’s values and culture in attracting talent
- Creating job descriptions
- Sourcing, screening, and scheduling candidates for interviews
- What to do before, during, and after conducting interviews
- Typical onboarding challenges
- Creating a new hire “first 90 days” plan
- Best practices for making new employees feel welcome
- The “onboarding checklist”